Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Magazine Reflection Take Two!

1. Overall, when you think about the big picture of your writing, what improved? How did it get better? Why?

The way that I approach my writing, I learned that if I want my writing to be good and professional I need to stop writing for myself and start writing for an audience. I’m not the best at it yet, but I’m getting there.

2. Overall, when you think about the big picture of your writing, what still needs work? What do you think will help you improve? Why?

Grammar. My paper had to go through so many drafts and the things that would usually come up where grammar mistakes. I would use the wrong “where” or the sentence would be off because of something.

3. Specifically, show us something that improved and describe the path it took to get better. You can quote your article, your drafts, link to evidence, etc.

When I made my first draft I wanted to make it very “smart.” So I started to fill it up with very large words that I did not need. I started using things like “He wanted to be inconspicuous.” Randy gave us lessons on how to make our writing better, one of these lessons was how you should keep It simple and not use jargon. This is when I realized that I did not need these large and smart sounding words to make my writing sound good.

4. Describe something specific (or a few things!) that you learned about writing.

I learned that I use big words when I should not. They are unnecessary and they confuse people. It is better to keep is simple.

No comments: